Friday, September 28, 2007

More September: Experiences with the International Speakers Network

When I continued being put off by Brenda and Dona, I finally decided to do a little research on my own.

Since there is no direct contact information in the proof copy of the brochure I received, I hunted down email addresses for each one of the other four people listed in the proof I had been sent. I sent an email to each one individually, simply asking what their experiences have been, and whether they were supposed to be part of the Five Featured Health and Wellness people included in the brochure.

I heard back from all of them. Here are the results:

  • First -- I had a bit of a clue of what I would hear back because of the other four people, only one even addresses health and wellness issues.
  • Not one of them is supposed to be included in that mailing. None of them paid for it.
  • Three of them mentioned that they had purchased services for other mailings. Not one of them has ever seen any of those mailings. As far as they know, none were ever emailed.
  • None of them has ever been booked as a speaker through ISN or Book a Speaker -- not one booking among five people. Not one.
I then contacted another person I know who is a member of the ISN and who is a health and wellness speaker. She told me she IS supposed to be a part of the Five Featured Speakers program, but to this date has never received any proofs. Further, she has also made inquiries, but so far -- no one has even replied to her emails.

That is the status as of today. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment