Saturday, March 8, 2008

Can I Deduct This ISN Scam from my Taxes?

That's the question I have posed to my tax accountant. She's reviewing the possibility and will get back to me.

The problem with the International Speakers Network business model is this: those of us who buy-in are spread all across the country; probably even North America. So unless we find information like this blog to tell us whether an organization like the International Speaker's Network, or BookaSpeaker.net or Innovators Group or Insight Publishing (I wonder what new names they are using this month?) is going to take our money from us and do nothing in return, we don't have an opportunity to find out the truth about their scheme.

It makes me wonder what David Wright's income tax filing looks like. Hmmm.... that might have to be my next step. I wonder if he has ever been audited?

I'll let you know what I find out.

4 comments:

Kevin F. Spalding said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kevin F. Spalding said...

I got an e-mail from these folks. I said if they booked me, I'd give them the customary 25% but I pay no up front costs. I haven't heard back yet.

I suggest you could deduct it on at least a schedule C for your speaking business.

All the best,
Kevin

Anonymous said...

Hi

Could you please ellaborate on the scam....not sure if I just got offered a great deal or a great scam?

Ingrid

Burned by ISN said...

The best way to understand what the International Speakers Network, ISN, book-a-speaker.net and the Innovators Group will do to your finances is to read this first post: http://burnedbyisn.blogspot.com/2007/09/international-speakers-network-my.html and subsequent posts from there...

More than five years later - I have still never received any satisfaction from these people.

Post a Comment