Friday, September 28, 2007

August 2007: My experiences with the ISN

In June 2007, I had paid for my membership in the International Speakers Network, plus I had paid for a program called Five Featured Speakers in Health and Wellness. The idea was that e-brochures would be sent to 12000 health and wellness conference planners over a six month timeframe.

In August, two months later, the ISN had not even requested I send them the information I wanted included in the brochure. I wrote and asked when they would need it and they said they wanted it right away. They had just sold the last spot in the mailing.

OK -- that made sense. They couldn't send it without commitment from enough people. I put together my information, along with my photo, exactly as requested and forwarded it to Brenda Keefer, the person coordinating the program.

I realized that it would be a good idea for them to begin sending the mailings in early September. Since nothing had gone out yet, they might as well wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment