Friday, September 28, 2007

Early September: Experiences with the ISN

Early September came and went. Still no response about whether the mailings were begun. However, I got plenty of email about new programs I could spend my money on. "Five Featured Speakers Here" or "Business Leaders Book" there....

On September 17, I received another one of those emails from another regular contact, Dona Merrit, about another campaign -- this one for 12,000 planners over six months... which would cost me even more money....

Instead I replied by asking the status of my mailing.

My reply was forwarded to Brenda Keefer. I heard nothing. That went on for several days and finally I heard back from Brenda asking me for my proof. What proof? Well, supposedly, she had emailed my flyer to me to proof -- but -- surprise! I had never received it.

It made me wonder -- how is it I had received all those other mailings asking me to participate in further promotional opps, but I had never received the proof? It took her four more days to actually send me what I was supposed to proof -- and sure enough -- there were 5 speakers, several errors, and NO identifying information so that anyone who received it would know who to contact to book these speakers.

I sent her my corrections, and asked when it was going to be mailed. Brenda told me she was waiting to hear back from one more person who had been called out of the country on an emergency and then it would be emailed -- after we all proofed the final copy.

So I waited.... and waited....

No comments:

Post a Comment