Friday, September 28, 2007

Why I started this blog about the International Speakers Network

Beginning in late 2006, I began receiving information through email from the International Speakers Network, also known as BookaSpeaker.net, AKA Insight Publishing about their ability to market my speaking abilities.

I received regular emails from them with interesting options that could address my marketing needs.

I went online to see if I could find information about them -- good or bad -- and was unable to find information except that many speakers were on their docket.

So in June 2007, I decided to take the plunge -- to trust that they were good business people -- and to learn more about marketing my speaking services. I spent $595 to join the organization (a one-time fee) and another $400 to become a part of a "Five Featured Healthcare Speakers" program which was to put my speaking information in front of 12000 health and medical conference planners over a six month period.

Today is Friday, September 28, and to this date, three months later, they have not followed through on the commitment to frame my information in a Five Featured Speakers format, and to this date, not one single email has been sent to any conference planners with my information in it.

Many promises have been made. Many lies have been offered as explanations, too. I have proof.

This blog is intended to record my experience with them. More importantly, this blog is intended to be found by those of you who may wish to do business with them in the future. I hope it will cause you to ask more questions before you make any commitments.

Feel free to contact me at BurnedbyISN (at) hotmail.com if you have further questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment