Saturday, November 24, 2007

International Speakers Network: Follow up with Better Business Bureau

David Wright from the International Speaker's Bureau finally replied to the Better Business Bureau. The reply started out by using my name -- and it was misspelled! Gotta love that -- to begin with, they misspelled the name of their client.

Then their reply was the same old same old about how they have been doing what they said they would do, etc etc. I have just completed my reply to the Knoxville Better Business Bureau. Included was some information that could be very helpful to you:

...........................

re: Five Speakers Newsletter program: Let’s imagine that everything is exactly the way ISN states it is, that the email they put together was professional and, at this stage, 4,000 emails have gone out. I have been a professional marketer for more than 20 years. I have been involved in both regular postal direct mail programs for all those 20 years, and direct email programs since 1997. The usual return for postal mail is 2-3%, meaning, for every one thousand mailed pieces, there should be 20 to 30 inquiries. If the email list is targeted, as was claimed by ISN, then the generally accepted rate of return is a little higher, 3 to 5% -- meaning – for every one-thousand emails sent (and received) – there should be 30 to 50 inquiries. Knowing there are 5 people in the speaker program, then 20% of those inquiries should be about my abilities. That means, for every one thousand emails sent out, I should have received at least 6 inquiries for potential speaking engagements from ISN. They claim 4,000 emails have gone – even if 1 out of every 4 bounced back, I still should have heard from 6.

I have heard from none. Zero.

.........................

Now we'll see what they say/do. I still believe these people have stolen my money to benefit only themselves. As I said before, I don't know how they sleep at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment