Thursday, August 7, 2008

ISN Strikes Again - Hope This Makes You Pause

I heard today from Sylvia (not her real name) that she, too, has thrown her money away. This is her note to me.... sad but true:

...............................................
... I found your blog about your bad experience with the International Speakers Network, but it just seemed like you had some beef against them. They were so nice on the phone. After I found your blog, I asked them and they said they knew you and that you had caused the problem not them.

So I sent them my money, and I went to one of their workshops. It was such a waste of time! All I did was listen to other people speak. There were a few sessions about marketing my own speaking, but that's what I thought they were going to do for me!

Now it's several months later. So far -- nothing. They keep sending me emails telling me they want to include me in a book, or in a mailing, or on postcards. They just want more and more of my money, but they have done nothing for me! And so far, including the cost to attend that worthless workshop, I have spent more than $2000 with nothing to show for it.

I just wanted you to know that now I understand exactly what you meant about the ISN taking all your money but not doing what they promise to do. I am sorry it happened to you. I am sorry it happened to me.

I hope other people are smart enough to pay attention to both of us.

Thanks for letting me vent. Yes, you can use this on your blog.
..............................................

I don't need to add to Sylvia's words. I just hope you find them and take them to heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment