Monday, October 29, 2007

Still playing dumb....

If you've read this far, and you are still considering spending your hard-earned money with the International Speaker's Network (located in Sevierville, TN ) -- consider my experience:

It's been 4 months since I spent nearly $1,000 to sign up with Book A Speaker, an ISN service, and to be included in an email that supposedly goes to meeting planners. Nothing. Still nothing.

And -- they are claiming they don't owe me any money. However -- I'm still fighting it.

I wish I didn't get mixed up with this bunch! I've contacted almost a dozen of their other speakers and to date I can't find one single person who has ever been booked through their program -- not one.

Nor can I find any conference producers who have ever even heard of them!

These are the business names they use:

BookaSpeaker.net
Insight Publishing
International Speakers Network
The Innovator's Group

The Better Business Bureau listing cites Greg Wright as the contact person -- I think he is David Wright, the owner's son. Doesn't make David much of a role model, does it?

In my experience, corraling us speakers is just their way of getting us to print our speaker materials -- except -- the promises they make to me as a speaker are empty. It makes me wonder what their promises are to authors?

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment